Wednesday, August 25, 2010

English Channel Sea Urchins are my latest love



Every once in awhile I find a new texture or color combination that strikes me and I want to keep exploring the possibilities that it could become. Lately it has been the English Channel Sea Urchin that has inspired me, and along with some smaller ones I have finished a 5" one (real life size) and a cool Urchin inspired bowl. I love the way the spine nubs feel....so textural! Next, I want to explore these forms in some other colors, I am leaning towards greens to start with. These pieces have been made with white stoneware clay and slip. Once I move beyone prototypes, I may give them a shot in porcelain too. Be sure to check out my urchin treasury on Etsy by clicking on this posts title.

No comments:

Post a Comment