Thursday, August 19, 2010

Works in Progress


I am slacker when it comes to keeping my blog updated, but time gets away from me easily and I will be going back to work in just one more week (may the 2010-2011 school year fly by and summer vacation return quickly!).

I have been rather excited about some new things I have been working on and my favorite, albeit time consuming, projects have been making English Channel Sea Urchins. With my airpen in hand, I can add all the little spine bumps without causing carpal tunnel aggravation. Experimenting with the glaze combos to color them with is fun too. I made a pretty nifty sea urchin bowl this week, along with a sodium silicate cracked pod that is very primitive and earthy.....just the way I like it! Of course you are seeing the pieces in their greenware state....

No comments:

Post a Comment